The public health expert will support the organization in reviewing the design and implementation of programs for achieving impact. This includes assessing the effectiveness of program implementation in delivering effective public health outcomes, the quality of health services provided to intended beneficiaries, the availability, accuracy and completeness of data and their use for decision-making and performance of the organization’s grants on key health services. related indicators consistent with performance framework objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Review draft audit programs to provide feedback on public health aspects of auditing.
- Interview with relevant implementer staff and in-country stakeholders.
- Collection and analysis of relevant documents and information.
- In-country fieldwork at central level and at selected program sites.
- Prepare working papers and summaries of findings for each work team.
- Prepare for fact-checking and debriefings with in-country stakeholders.
- Hold debriefing meetings with grant recipients and other in-country stakeholders.
- Provide inputs for the debriefing presentation for the exit meeting in the country at the end of the mission.
- Other assigned tasks.
- Advanced university degree in medicine, public health, health system management, epidemiology or related field.
- At least 12 years of professional experience (international or national) in planning, management and monitoring and evaluation of programs in the health sector, including in developing countries; preferably including at least two years acquired in the review or audit of health-related grant programs in the not-for-profit/public sector in developing countries.
- Experience in assessing risks and existing controls to mitigate those risks.
- Preference would be given to experts with expertise in the area of HIV, TB and Malaria.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated expertise in evaluating the design and effectiveness of public health interventions.
- Ability to apply sound knowledge of M&E, public health and disease control program management.
- Ability to mentor and guide other public health and M&E specialists.
- Ability to manage and work in a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- English report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibility and integrity.
- Ability to show tact, consideration and respect to others.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and adaptability in interacting with people from different backgrounds.
- Impeccable behavior is required.
How to register
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, certificates, daily rates in USD and proof of previous work related to the position (eg final project reports, letters of reference and certificates of completion) to: [email protected] with a public health expert (Guatemala) as subject.
To note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.